Makeblock You are about to lose a customer

Thanks! Fixed it. :slight_smile:

This Christmas, we got an mBot for my girl and the starter robot for my boy from Santa. I think mblock and the Android app all have much better functionality for the mBot, but the starter kit has more room for expansion.

I got an excellent book (Exploring Arduino by Jeremy Blum) before Christmas, and have found that the most useful thing about mBlock is that you can look at the translation to Arduino IDE. Basically, for my son’s starter robot, I do all the programming with Arduino IDE, so he can now run his robot and get distances and speeds via Bluetooth from his tablet (using the Bluetooth Electronics app). It’s a steep learning curve, but the Makeblock hardware is fantastic, and because it is Arduino, the possibilities for expansion are endless. He is getting a voice control module for his birthday, and some additional sensors to improve avoidance.

The way I have it set up now, he can write programs in mBlock, and we can add the translation to our base program so that he can toggle to them from the controller. That way he learns the fundamentals from mBlock, and gets introduced to Arduino IDE.

I know it is frustrating, but the point I am trying to make is that you shouldn’t be discouraged. There is a lot of support on this forum, and the extra work is well worth it,

Starter Kit Basic Questions, Please Help

Hi Arram,

Sincerely sorry for the disappoting on you.
I also want to say thank you since I just notice this either. I find there is still some misunderstanding in the instruction which may mislead users. I will update all the official instructions which include this part. Thank you and thanks for all users to clear this issue.
The instructions on the forum are various and some of the instructions may out of date, I’d suggest that you can visit our learn website for the info of our products or send email to tec-support@makeblock.com if there is any problem. The advantages of the forum is that you can get help from all the users which may have more experience with some robots.