Makeblock libraries fail on Arduino UNO

I’ve just bought an Me Stepper Motor Driver. To get started, I’m trying to get Arduino Uno to run the example sketch TestStepperDriver. I’ve installed the Makeblock libraries (after renaming the git file to remove dashes, and the sub-folder, and recompressing it).

When I click Verify code, I get this error message:

In file included from /home/pi/sketchbook/libraries/Makeblock/MeConfig.h:96:0,
from /home/pi/sketchbook/libraries/Makeblock/MeOrion.h:38,
from TestStepperDriver.ino:19:
/home/pi/sketchbook/libraries/Makeblock/utility/Servo.h:69:2: error: #error “This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM or SAMD processor.”
#error “This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM or SAMD processor.”
^

What’s the problem? It doesn’t seem like this should be so difficult. Aren’t there a lot of people using Makeblock products with Arduino Uno boards?

RE: Makeblock libraries fail on Arduino

Did you set the board type to “arduino uno” in the Arduino IDE?

Yes, it’s set to UNO.
I’m using recommended code on the controller page:
http://learn.makeblock.com/en/me-stepper-driver/#comment-3784

But I still get that error.
I don’t even know why the Servo.h library needs to be loaded. I wish that there was a simple, tried and true sketch to use.

Hi RickB,

I have tested the example program,and it can be verified successfully.
You may download the latest version makeblock library from this link have a try: https://github.com/Makeblock-official/Makeblock-Libraries/archive/master.zip

My computer is a Raspberry Pi 3. I have no problem running the Arduino UNO with it. Except for the ME Stepper Motor Control.

I downloaded the latest library. But I get the same error messages:

In file included from /home/pi/sketchbook/libraries/MeOrion/MeConfig.h:96:0,
from /home/pi/sketchbook/libraries/MeOrion/MeOrion.h:38,
from MeStepperControl.ino:9:
/home/pi/sketchbook/libraries/MeOrion/utility/Servo.h:69:2: error: #error “This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM or SAMD processor.”
#error “This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM or SAMD processor.”
^
MeStepperControl.ino:17:22: error: ‘DRIVER’ is not a member of ‘AccelStepper’

Hi RickB,

Compiling the example program has no relationship with the Board you connected.
You may not put the makeblock library very well.

You said " I’ve installed the Makeblock libraries (after renaming the git file to remove dashes, and the sub-folder, and recompressing it).", do you mean you have put a makeblock file compressed under the libraries ? Could you give a screenshot under the libraries file shows as below picture:

Here are my libraries. I don’t think I’m having library problems anymore. The libraries are being found.

As you can read in the error message, MeOrion.h calls MeConfig.h which calls Servo.h which gives 2 errors:

1. about only supporting AVR, SAM or SAMD processors.
  2. about DRIVER not being a member of AccelStepper.

Do I have to edit these files? I just want a simple, bare, nothing extra Sketch to run the Me Stepper Motor Control connected as shown to the Arduino UNO.

Hi RickB,

Since I have compiled the same example program here and there is no issue, I think the program is ok. Here I am using Arduino 1.6.5 on Windows PC.

Of course, you can program yourself.
If you want to program for it base on this example program, here is a link to you for reference which may be help: http://learn.makeblock.com/cn/Makeblock-library-for-Arduino/files.html

Saying it works on your machine does not help.

I’ve searched the net and found no one using Me Stepper Motor Control boards with Arduino UNO. If I am a not good at searching, please post a link. Show me a YouTube video or tutorial or anything.

Your sample code calls many libraries that I am not using. I am NOT using Orion. I am NOT using servos. And so on. And those other libraries are producing errors. I ONLY want to use a stepper motor. That code should be simple. Please get help from someone who knows how to code.

I am also want to use the stepper ,only mblock have the easy way ,but not works ,…
using arduBlock,the IDE ask me for the makeblock.h and the other things…so please…where is the makeblock.h, ,where is the old version library,?

Hi RickB,

Yes, our sample codes are for the our electronic modules and makeblock board lile Orion board, MegaPi, mCore.
Since we do not sell the Arduino uno board, there is no example programs special for Arduino uno board.

While, since our Me Orion board is base on the Arduino uno, you still can refer to the example code and normally, the error message you met has no relationship with which board (Me Orion board or Arduino uno) you use. You may check if you have putted the makeblock library correctly or install the Arduino 1.6.5 have a try.

As for the Arduino program for Arduino uno board and Me stepper motor, you may leave a message under the pull request on our Github page, sometimes our engineers may answer there.

Hi Noya2012,

Please refer to this instruction to add the makeblock library to your Arduino IDE.How can I add the Makeblock library to my Arduino IDE.zip (489.5 KB)

Hey RickB. I’ve got the exact same problem with my Raspberry Pi 3, did you get to solve it ? If you did would you help me out address this rather annoying problem ? Thank you.

Hi, Guti.
Sadly, no. I have not resolved my problem yet. I got discouraged and set it aside. Maybe I’ll get back to it soon. Recently I realized that one of the UNO boards I was using is bad.

Oh Ok I see, sorry to read that I put the RPi aside and just programmed the devilish thing using my laptop thanks for replying anyway!!

Hey Rick, seems like I’ve resolved the problem with the Arduino while compiling. I have yet to upload the program to the Arduino to see if works, turns out, from what I understood, that the files in the /utilty folder in makeblok’s library are just copies of existing libraries of the Arduino, so replace servo.h from this folder with the existing servo.h library that will be located on arduino/libraries/Servo, that fix it for me, and I hope will fix it for you, have a good one!!

I;m using the Arduino Mega 2560 (Mega Pi) along with Raspberry Pi. It looks as if the problem arises when the Makeblock libraries are used in the Pi - I have no problem using the libraries on my laptop (Windows & Ubuntu).

Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet?