Makeblock app Synchronization fails, the firmware can't identify

Hello, my son’s mBot Ranger used to work, but not any more.

Since last month it is impossible to make it work, I have tried all latest versions and all the troubleshooting steps I could find on your web site/internet.

Currently mBlock (v3.4.11) for Windows 10 (v1709) is connecting (COM4), I can select mBot (Auriga), Upgrade Firmware successfully, Reset Default program / mBot Ranger, all OK. I have tried any possible order of those steps, but they can not help.

My Firmware_for_Auriga.ino is modified 13/09/2017 16:06, and of course I have install Arduino drive/ restart computer / restart mBot Ranger, reset button does not reset? / iPad (latest iOS + app version ) / iPhone (latest iOS + app version). Nothing seams to help.

When I select the Bluetooth icon from the app, I get: “synchronization fails the firmware can’t identify…” (there are no other Bluetooth devices inside the room). I tried all troubleshooting steps I could find. The button on top switches off the device after a long press but not normally, more like a slow fade.

Please help, my son is disappointed!

Thank you,

Vassilis

Trivial question: Battery power enough? Have you already tried to change the batteries?

Hi vassilis_stath,

As suggested by Nemeza, you may change fresh batteries have a try.

Besides, do you have a laptop which has the Bluetooth function, if yes, please connect the Ranger’s Bluetooth to the mBlock software on the laptop and check if it works.
If the Bluetooth can be connected on mBlock software, please test the following program have a try:

Thank you both for your replies! The batteries were new and while trying to perform the steps from the PC’s Bluetooth, I noticed that the racing car’s two engines were touching each others cables!

I press them against and after Resetting to the Default programme, now it works perfectly. Thank you both!