Laser Engraver Software Update for XY-Plotter V2.0&V2.02——BenBox 2.12.45

Hi!Everyone!
Benbox software has been updated.
Download here:http://learn.makeblock.cc/laserxy2/

Benbox 2.12.45 Simple Instructions

1 Install the control software Benbox 2.12.45
Install the control software Benbox as shown below, follow the prompts to install, to complete the installation.

2 Benbox interface

3 Upload firmware
According to the mainboard type of your XY Plotter V2.0,. select the right version of your board (Orion -> UNO or Baseboard-> Leonardo) and the correct COM port, and then upload firmware in it.
1).

2).

3).Select firmware.Orion→328P(Baseboard V 1.0/V1.1→32u4)(Note: The firmware is stored in the installation directory.)

4).Update firmware. Click .Done!

4 Open the hidden interface, please click .

5 Laser Function

6 Servo Function

7 Attachment

Note 1: Please make sure the wiring and software settings are correct before you begin to engrave. Open the Benbox, adjust the settings to let focal point fallen onto the wood or paper.

Note 2:Need to adjust the angle of Pen.

Note 3: Please refer to previous version of the software manual to use the software.
Download here:http://learn.makeblock.cc/laserxy2/
Makeblock Driver Installation Guide:http://learn.makeblock.cc/driver_installation/

Note 4: If you have any questions, please contact us.
Email: support@makeblock.cc
Forum: http://forum.makeblock.cc/
8 Appendix
What is Laser Engraver Upgrade Pack?
Laser Engraver Upgrade Pack is for XY Plotter Robot Kit V2.0, it can engrave by laser. It uses 405nm blue-violet laser as semiconductor laser. The max work area is 300mmx350mm, engrave accuracy could be 0.1mm. We would like to recommend wood board, colorful paper cards, dark opaque acrylic, Cotton material Leather,etc as engrave/cutting material.

Mechanical part assembly Guide

Can't get XY to work
Struggling to get xy plotter working with laser

I am confused. I already have this download, 2.12.45 which I got on the 19th of February. Is this a new version of 2.12.45 or is my version OK to use?

Hi!@Adrian_S
I’m sorry to bring you confused.
In fact, due to the Chinese New Year, the company is on vacation. We updated the software, but did not post in the forum.
The latest software version is 2.12.45.So you download the latest version of the software is available.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
E-mail:support@makeblock.cc
Thank you!

Thank you, and Happy New Year to you all.

Thank you!

I finally got the laser completed and installed the software according to your instructions, and it’s working very well indeed. I’m very impressed by being able to cut 0.5mm veneer as well as card.

I have a question about one button for the laser controls, at the right of the cluster of four is a button with the hovertext “Sting”. What is it intended for? I can’t see any difference between using it and using the button to the next of it to put the laser on at the full-bright value.

Hi,You say that these icons’ area?

1.These two buttons a little influence on the engraving precision.In fact, the effect of discrete engraving a little better.

2.These two buttons one is laser mode, one is servo mode.You can try the difference between them.

Thanks!
Best Regards!
Albert.

No, what I meant were the light blue buttons along the top which show “Laser off”, “Laser Low”, "Laser Full " , “Sting”. I’ll try to get a screen shot.

It’s the button on the very right.

This button is to test your laser light intensity and time settings.

Thanks Albert, I can see now how it works now.

I have a real beginner’s question here, about the roms. When I ran the Gremote software I uploaded GcodeParser.ino to the Orion. Now that I have run Benbox I have uploaded a hex file to the Orion, but is that still a program that can be replaced, just like GCodeParser? Nothing has been changed in the bootloader, so if I want, I can switch between Gremote and Benbox provided I remember to upload the correct software to the Orion first?

They are two different software, so the firmware is different.Use Benbox software, then you have to burn Benbox firmware. Use Gremote software, then you have to burn Gremote firmware.
Forgive my bad English.

Is there any way to resize the image when you open it in benbox. you can move the image. It looks like you should be able to since there are small boxes in the corner of the layout but I cant get it to change.

Also pictures that have shading always come to look the same either all black or none.

Hi,@jdlauletta
1.The actual size of the graphic changes need to use other software changes the pixel size, such as PS.Because image pixels determines Benbox carving pattern size.

2.About gray, you need to adjust engraving parameters.

Hey, is there any chance of you open sourcing the code for this program?
I see you have a github account and some of your other software is up there, could the benbox software join it?

I am so sorry.
Benbox software developed by partner companies, so the software is not open source, So ·····. :grin:

Which company?
Do they have an official page for the software?

Everywhere I only see people posting their own zip file of it. :frowning:

Benbox