Laser cutter

Hi I have the makeblock laser cutter running on benbox was working fine cutting paper but now stopped cutting. The light goes on as before all looks normal but will not cut intensity at 255 and speed at 300 can anyone help.before

Hi manrays,

You may need forcus the beam have a check.

Hi thanks for response focused the lens even cleaned it. It was cutting a piece of paper started off well and got weaker and weaker after that did not cut anymore. The light seems bright enough but does cut turned the intesity up to roo still the same.I do not think it is a focus problem especially because it happens in the middle of the cut.I

So what to do I tried:
1 changing the firmware in benbox
2 changed the settings
3 changed the wiring configuration
4cleaned the lens and yes focused correctly
the light goes on but will not burn a thin piece of paper white or black
Before this happened maybe used it for about an hour total…is it defective or am I missing something here???

Hi Manrays,

Please send the receipt for the laser to tec-support@makeblock.com.

Don’t have it is in Paris and I am in Beijing…does it mean it is deffective…?

Hi Manrays,

You may change the external power adapter or power plug for the XY plotter have a try.
Besides, double check if there is wire connection loose between Orion board and the Laser.
Do not make the laser head too high from the paper and focus beam again.

If the laser still cannot engrave even with light on, it should be faulty. You may need find a way to send us(tec-support@makeblock.com) the receipt.

Will go back to Paris soon so will look for the receipt at my home there

I opened the circuit board for the laser and it looks as if it has a bad connection that might be the problem…can I buy one of these boards so I can try and fix it?

You can see the discolored section next to power connection

Hi Manrays,

I am afraid no such board available for sell.
After checking the shop on our website, there is only the laser available for sell.