IR remote wont work

I cannot get the remote to work at all. I reset the default program and the robot started to run in one direction only. The remote still would not work. i then updated the firmware which stopped the motors from running when turned on but I still can’t get the IR remote to work. i tested the remote and it lights up white. Please help.

Does the IR remote control work? You can test it by pointing it in a dark room towards a digital camera or smartphone with a live view of the picture. When you press a button on the remote control, you should see the IR LED flashing on the camera display.
If not, my 1st guess would be the batteries.

Yes, i did test the remote and it flashes a white light.

Otherwise, the bot works fine? Does it run programs?

I haven’t tried to create any programs yet. The motherboard and sensors do light up when turned on.

Tell us after you tried that

Yo I got literally the same problem. Remote works, IR Receiver only worked once or twice, now it doesn’t anymore. Not even the example works! The program gets uploaded, the void setup() works. The if(ir.available()) works. The led of the Receiver is on. Then, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? @Andreas @makeblock

I have the exact same problem. It will not run any other programs. I have tried this one for instance. It lights up when ever I press a button on the remote, but other than that it will not respond.

I should clarify. When I upload that program, it does stop running in one direction. It stops moving all together.

Try WAIT 1 second. 0.1 might be too short for the bot to start moving.

Still nothing.

If the robot works otherwise, then I guess the IR receiver is defect.

@cwriter @raulnastasie @Junky-Jethro,

For the IR control issue.
First, please double check if the IR controller is ok refer to this document. 8. How to judge if my IR remote controller is ok.docx.zip (10.7 KB)

If the IR remote controller is Ok, then please upgrade firmware for mBot refer to this document 1. How to Upgrade Firmware for mBot.docx.zip (690.6 KB)
Then please test the following program:

Kindly refer to the steps above and let me know the results.

I have tried these step and still unable to get the remote to respond. (IR shows working when tested against camera, re-downloaded firmware, no response except blue light on LED D3.) Any help or suggestions would be helpful. (This has been a frustrating gift for my daughter.)

Hi Viannag,

Could you take a picture for your robot? Is it mBot robot or other robot?