iPad to mbot Ranger communicating; not responding

Can anyone advise me. I downloaded the Mblocky app to my ipad. The bluetooth pairing is successful, and when I run the program I can tell that there is a connection by blinking light on circuit board, however there is no response by the Ranger Mbot.
Thanks!

IPAD not pairing with Mbot Ranger

As long as the blue LED on the bluetooth module is still blinking, connection is not fully established. You also need to connect in the MBlockly app. MBlockly will start with a list of mBots close by - do you see your bot there?

Please make sure that no other bluetooth device is active which has a connection to the bot.

Also, I recommend to use the Makeblock app. mBlockly is no longer supported. You can do the same in Makeblock as in mBlockly and much more.

Hi Gmargolias,

Besides that the mBlockly APP is not supported anymore. It also doesn’t support Ranger robot at the beginning.
The mBlockly APP is only available for mBot robot instead of Ranger robot. Please use the Makeblock APP in this link.

Thank-you so much for replying to me. I have used the Makeblock app. but I cant see how to do the coding with this app. I go to “new project” but cannot see how to start to write code. I am trying to teach my 9 year old son to start using code. If you have any advice, I’d really appreciate it.

Hi Gmargolias,

To code the robot with Makeblock APP, here is a simple instruction to you for reference.Getting Started Makeblock HD.zip (964.1 KB)
Besides, here is a link to guide program ranger with mBlock software to you for reference.

This is the first word I’ve seen that mBlockly is discontinued and unsupported.

For reference, would you please list the currently supported apps for iOS, Android and Chromebook?

–andrew

Hi tieandjeans,

Please see all our software and APPs in this link.
Among them, the mDraw software and mBlockly APP won’t be updated any more.