How can i start line follower mode?

Hi everybody,

I have a question about communication between mBot and PC.

I have a project. mBot must to start line follower mode when i trigger to this. But i cannot use cable, i must do it as wireless.

I try to use wireless module but it is used by mBot own program. I didn’t found anything about using wireless or bluetooth or wifi on the other applications like arduino, C#.

How can i start line follower mode without MakerBlock’s applications?

Would using the IR remote control to start the line follower mode solve your problem?

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reply. I know i can use IR remote control for this job. But i forgot to said i want to send start order by another computer application.

If IR remote control is only way for wire-less communication method, i must make different module that can send same IR signal of mBot’s IR remoter control and connect to pc via usb.

I can do this but it is longest way. I want to learn, are there any APIs for to communicate with other applications by wireless, bluetooth or wi-fi methods. Doesn’t MAKEBLOCK provide any API for this situation?

Hi alicanfdrk,

Sorry that we don’t have such API to use Bluetooth/2.4G wireless with other application.
The mBot wireless communication (2.4G only support mBlock software on PC) only support communicate with mBlock software, makeblock APP, mBlock APP and also the APP Inventor.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I hope you will provide this support in the future. mBot is good toy but you must give more control to your customers.

Ali,

Ok you could just program it yourself - best use Arduino mode and download it to mBot.

Thanks, if i use Arduino mode, wireless, wifi and bluetooth is available for using?
Basic codes like go forward, turn right are provided as API but bluetooth and others? I didnt find any library for these from makeblock or web.