Hovercraft mode - what does Set suspension do?

I can’t figure out what set suspension does or how it’s meant to work.

What is meant to do?
What values should I enter? I have no idea if they’re meant to somehow refer to power or time.

I tried to use them and I start getting weird issues in coding mode. For example: the rotors seem to go on for a fraction of a second and then stop.

I can confirm I am on the latest firmware and iPad software.

Hovercraft mode - can't go backwards via code

I figured it out. It’s all about the amount of power it uses to move in a certain direction. By default, if you don’t set it, it’s so minimal it barely moves at all.

I entered huge values i.e. 10,000 or 100,000 in both forward AND back and everything started to work. Note that I had to put values in both even if I just wanted to go forward. Wierd.

The way I figured it out was by dragging the manual control option onto my screen. If I played with that, for just a moment, then my hovercraft moved around at a normal speed. It then clicked it had to do with the set suspension block.

Hi, do you mean to enter the huge values on angle or duration?

I just wanted my Airblock to move so I was trying anything. It didn’t work with it set to zero so I entered something huge in both and it worked.

What is reasonable value? The limit seems to be 6-7 digits.

Just so we’re clear: the Set Suspension block has a Front throttle and Back throttle option. Only way I got it to move was by setting BOTH. BTW, here’s a project showing some of the code: https://liftcodeplay.com/2017/06/28/makeblock-airblock-hovercraft-dance-project/