Frequent crashes in mBlock 3.4.5

Over the past week, I’ve have alot more crashes and buggy behavior for mBlock. I’m running Win 7 and it was working fine prior. I tried it on another computer (newer, Win 10) and had the same issue. It seems to occur mostly when I have a larger program, more complex, and with multiple sprites (to organize the code). Is anyone else having issues with mBlock? I do not get any error codes and I’ve submited the issue to Makeblock but haven’t heard anything back. Just wanting to see if other have this issue or have found a solution. Thx.

Max

Does it also happen when you use USB cable?

Yes, I thought it was something to do with the bluetooth (I have an old work laptop that I’m using).

Max

Here is a quick 30 second video of the program crash.

https://goo.gl/photos/jRNrGWd2eZZxBqyB7

Hi mfeldt,

Could you please save your whole program file and send it to us.

Here is the program. pick up block out turn around back works.sb2 (82.7 KB)

I think it has to do with having multipe sprites and custom blocks that are shared between sprites. I hope this is a bug than can be fixed as I like to use multiple sprites to organize my code into little parts.

Max

As a general remark:
Using sprites will not only work in online mode, but not in offline (Arduino) mode.
A way to organize the code without sprites is using blocks.

Hi mfeldt,

The software crash when you run this program duo to the program is edited by incorrect way.
The blocks defined in one sprite can’t be called in the other sprite. So the software crash when the program can’t go through.