Difficulty with Airblock

I am having difficulty with the Airlock in aircraft mode. I have followed the advice here (Airblock not working properly) and did the adjusting. It still will not hover in air. It will bounce up and down, and doesn’t respond to the up and down controls. I have to resort to powering it off when it is close to the ground. The hovercraft mode seems to work well, just doesn’t behave as a drone. Help please.

Hi MichaelRensing,

Please kindly confirm the following two points when you adjusting:

1. When you did the adjusting, was the Airblock Bluetooth connected to the Makeblock APP?
  2. Was the Airblock putted in the horizontal plane when adjusting?

Besides, do you use the latest version Makeblock APP 2.9.5 on your mobile device.
If yes, please double check if the current firmware on the Airblock is the latest version refer to following picture:

If it is not, please upgrade firmware have a try.

Just in case, here I attach the installation picture, hope you can double check you install all the modules correct.

See my answer, where I explained what the issue was in my case and how I solved it: airblock-is-unstable-when-flying

This helped. I can get it in the air, but just a static hover it drifts quite a bit. Hope that a firmware update can fix some of these problems.

Michael,

Thanks for your advice.
The main feature on Airblock is the deformed design module, mainly used to learn programming. It doesn’t take the camera so that there is no plus flow design and can not achieve precision hover.

The Android app does not work.

They should not have sold this product as being compatible with Android. They clearly never tested the Android app.

The Apple app works much better and probably solves your problem.

Hi railsaverdan,

What is the problem when you fly the Airblock with Android Makeblock APP? Do you use the latest version?
The Android App has been tested before published, actually when I fly the Airblock, I use the Android version Makeblock APP.

Look forward your detailed feedback on the Android APP, thanks!

I understand that the purpose of the airblock is for programing. However it is seriously unstable. If I let it go for 10 seconds it will crash into a wall just from drifting and the inability to hover in place. I haven’t tried the programing portion yet, but I doubt it will work well due to the fact that it can’t remain in place. If it moves about a little, that would be fine. I am not looking for precision stabilization. It drifts much more than it should, to the point that it isn’t usable.

Yes, it does have draft when hover, this actually due to the same reason that there is no plus flow design and the airblock is very light. Thanks for your feedback, we will also provided the feedback to our Airblock department to keep improving on this product.