Desktop app for Airblock

I recently got an Airblock, in order to test it.

I work for a company that creates robotics and drones workshops for high school student. We are thinking about the possibility of working with airblock. We think it has a huge potential to introduce programming trough of drones.

The only problem is that the only way to program the airblock is to use the smartphone or tablet app. In the schools where we work there aren’t any smartphones. Actually, they aren’t allowed in some of them. We have standard computers with Linux or Windows.

I wonder why there is not any desktop program yet. So, Are you working on this? Do you have any schedule or date release to develop this software?

Because if I know there won’t be desktop app for airblock, I am not going to invest in the product, although I really like it.

Integration of airblock device in mblock

Hi vicjufu,

Sorry to hear that!
While currently, there is no plan to support Airblock in mBlock 3 software on desktop.
It can only be programmed by the Makeblock APP.

Hi,

There is a plan to add Airblock to the new mBlock 5, but there is no concrete schedule. It would be likely in May or June.

By then, you will also need to use a Bluetooth 4.0 dangle from Makeblock.

Thanks anyway, and please keep giving feedback - we love to hear from the community.

Regards,

Yu
Manager of Software Product & Operation
Makeblock Co., Ltd.