Could someone help me with a testing workflow?

I’m kind of struggling with how to load and run my programs quickly when I’m testing. Connecting and disconnecting the USB cable seems like a good way to put a lot of wear and tear on that port. I was really hoping that I would be able to upload new programs through bluetooth, but it looks like that is impossible.

Simply getting a good 90 or 180 turn is taking multiple tests to get right. Anyone have advice on how to upload and test programs quickly?

By the way, I have an mBot v1.1 with Bluetooth. I also mainly use a Chromebook.

Do the testing using bluetooth, then upload when the program is done.

I think that is where part of my problem is. I can’t get the bluetooth to work on any of the devices I have. It states it doesn’t work with Chromebook. I can’t get it working with my tablet, and it doesn’t seem to work with my Macbook. The blue light blinks, and my device sees the robot. It will not pair with it though.

I have gotten the remote working though, so that has alleviated this some.

Hello,

Maybe to update by USB the Firmware from mBlock 4.4?
Forum

Be careful to update the IR controller !!!

Hi ratemyrobot,

The Chromebook version mBlock doesn’t support Bluetooth or 2.4G, it only support USB connection.

On Mac Computer, the mBlock software support Bluetooth connection for running program online but the Bluetooth connection doesn’t support uploading program to robot to make it work autonomously (see more explanation in this post)
As for the issue that you can’t connect mBot Bluetooth to Mac, please refer to FAQ 25 in this Post have a try.

As for connecting mBot Bluetooth to tablet, normally, there is no need to pair the Bluetooth, you can open the Makeblock APP or mBlock APP, move tablet close to mBot, the Bluetooth will connect automatically.Here is a document to guide connect Makeblock APP to mBot.