Chromebooks and mBots

Hi,
This is a question for the Makeblock crew.
Are there any plans for creating an app for Chromebooks using mBots? Here in Sweden many schools are changing ICT-environment from PC to Chromebooks. MBots is a really interesting tool. We want to recommend it for the schools, but without an application, it´s not possible to use the robot.

Best
Lennart

You can try to use Bitbloq (works on chromebooks), but is free only in spain. You have to pay 8€ per robot to makeblock to use it outside.

Hi @laxlub, be sure to copy @tec_support on questions like these so that they get better visibility. :slight_smile:

Hi laxlub,

Yes, there is a plan and it is already under developing to support Chromebooks with web mBlock IDE software.

New updates, the mBlock software which support Chromebook has been published.
Please go to Chrome store and search mBlock.

Hello! I have a problem with uploading to arduino… Please help!!! This is what happens when I try to upload my program to my mbot:

My mbot starts running immediately although I typed in program to "wait until button pressed"
Pleaseee help me!!! Thanks in avance!

Hi LD7,

Please refer to the suggestions in this post.
Once still the same issue with latest version mBlock, please kindly try run mBlock under administrator right.

I’ve got the mBlock android app installed on a Chromebook, but can’t seem to get the bluetooth to connect to the mBot. The Chrome app will only connect over USB.

Hi nedhale,

The mBlock APP is only for Android and iOS mobile device. It doesn’t support chromebook.
The web based IDE mBlock V4.1 support the chromebook, you can access it through this link.
Here is the option to switch the language:

Makeblock just announced the release of a Chrome OS based version of mBlock. You can get it here.

Nice work guys!