Can't get Mbot to move!

Hi

Hoping someone can help as I’m stumped!

So setup the Mbot, updated firmware, had to download the additional drivers as running this on a mac. I get the Mbot connected via the USB cable (can’t seem to get bluetooth to work) and I can get simple things to work.

EG “When button pressed light up the LED’s” this works all the time it is connected, when I unplug the USB this stops working.

Also when I try “when button pressed move forward 50”, the moot emits a beep and if you start the wheels turning they turn but it doesn’t seem to have the torque to move it, tried putting new batteries in but it hasn’t made any difference.

Not sure if this is 2 problems or one root cause, any ideas?

Check this link to get Bluetooth to work on the Mac.

If you want to run the robot in autonomous mode, you will need to be connected to it with the USB cable and upload the program to the mBot. If you are connected via Bluetooth or Wifi, you can run the program from within the mBlock IDE.

To get the mBot to move forward, you will need a power setting of somewhere between 70-100 depending on your mBot.

If you are interested, I published a book last May (link) that is an intro to mBot programming. It’s relatively inexpensive and the proceeds go to fund kids robotics.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck will check it out