Cannot control mBot using 2.4G

Hi

I have connected the MBot to a Win 10 PC running mBlock v3.4.11 using the 2.4g dongle, using the steps described in 2.4ghz module not connecting?

I can upload and programs using the USB cable (including playing a tone).

The Connect/2.4g Serial menu option shows Connect checked. The window title show ‘2.4G Serial Connected’.

However, when I try to run a simple program (when space key pressed, play a tone) using the keyboard, the blocks light up in the mBlock editor, the Arduino mode editor shows ff 55 07 00 02 22 06 01 f4 01, but the robot does not make a sound.

Thanks

Hi Drziff,

What is the your program, could you please give a screenshot for it or take a video to show your program and operation?
Besides, here is a video showing how to program for mBot via 2.4G connection, please refer to the steps in it have a try too.

Also, here is a post listing many FAQs for mBot to you for reference.

Hi tec_support

thanks for the reply, but it’s now working. Presumably rebooting the PC helped?

Interestingly it looks like I now get a reply from the mbot…

20:34:32.938 > ff 55 07 00 02 22 06 01 f4 01
20:34:33.623 < ff 55 0d 0a

I’d be interested to know more about these messages, if anyone has any pointers to further reading.

Cheers

Wireless stopped working again.

Tried various combinations of restarting PC, restarting mblock, turning mbot on and off, plugging in and unplugging dongle. Running from administrator account. Nothing works.

When I press the space bar, the sprite says “Hello” but no sound from mbot.

Here is the Arduino editor window:

mbotwireless_arduino

There is no code in the sketch to play a sound?

Hi drziff,

Your program is online running program. The program head When [ ] key pressed can only be used to do only debug, it is normal that there is no arduino code generate.

As for the issue, could you help take a video to show your detailed operation and the issue?
Besides, please test the same program with USB cable connection (disconnect the 2.4G serial connection) and see if there is still the same problem.