2.4ghz module not connecting?

Currently when I run programs on makeblock using a usb cable to connect the programs run just fine. When I use 2.4g serial port it won’t connect and things go wrong. Here are the steps I’ve taken

1. I built the program
  2. I tested it on the usb cable and it worked just fine
  3. I upgraded firmware and uploaded the program to arduino (on different tests)
  4. I disconnected the Serial Port and unplugged the USB cable
  5. I tried to connect using the 2.4g Serial Port but when I click the connect button it doesn’t check the box and the top says Serial Port Connected even though there’s no Serial Port.

My light on the module is not flashing and is a bright blue for those who are wondering if that is the issue.

Hi ijxidjd,

The blue LED on the 2.4g module keep flashing measn it hasn’t be connected to the 2.4G usb dongle.
When this light is solid on means it has been connected to the 2.4G usb dongle plugged in the PC.

As for the issues, you may try following steps:

1. Upgrade firmware for mBot with USB cable connected again.
    Please temporarily unplug the 2.4G wireless module while you upgrade firmware.
  2. After you upgrade firmware, please don’t upload any program. Just disconnect the serial port (and unplug the USB cable for assurance).
  3. Plug back in the 2.4G serial and connect it to the mBlock software have a try.

Cannot control mBot using 2.4G