Cannot connect to mBot via mBlock after using Arduino IDe

Today I bought an mBot (2.4G serial connection). After assembling it, I connected to it using mBlock and I could control it using keyboard triggers (when key pressed). Then I went in Arduino IDE and used it to run some scripts on the mBot (simple scripts which use the buzzer, motors).

Next I tried to switch back to using the mBlock software, but now it cannot connect to the mBot anymore. Whatever mBlock I build, they don’t run anymore in mBlock.

mBlock shows the mBot is connected (I get the green light under the “Robots” group of commands) and when I go to Connections => 2.4G it shows as ticked. I also tried using the COM3/COM4 USB connection, still, it doesn’t work.

Did I miss anything? Is there anything I can do so I can start using mBlock again?

When you go back to using the mBlock (Scratch) environment you will need to reload the firmware (Upgrade firmware from the Connect menu item). At least that’s what I’ve had to do. :slight_smile: Oh, and make sure that you have shut down the Arduino environment to release the serial port.

Thanks, I did that and it works perfectly now!