Can I fix the Me RSJ adapters with metal screws?

The small circuit boards (which are called adapters) have 6 holes for fixing them to the ends of the blue metal bars of the plotter kit. The instructions show that you should use those little white plastic “push pin?” type things. Once pushed you cannot get the pins out.

But that means that once you’ve added the adapter to the blue metal bar you cannot (easily) remove it again.

Can I use normal metal screws? The six metal rimmed fixing holes do not appear to be connected to GND or +VE, and the back of the circuit boards have a white coating where the holes are.

Am I risking a short somewhere if I use metal screws? Or should I get plastic ones?

I did use screws on mine to hold them,no shorts and the plotter works fine.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it might be like that but was unwilling to risk burning a board!

Hi GG, Yes, those plastic push pins are a pain…they also don"t hold the adapter firmly so they flop around when mounted. I use the metal screws but as an added precaution against shorting I add 2 small nylon ring spacers front and back which also neatly spaces the adapter off the frame…I have had no problems with shorting. Jeff

Thanks for the message. I wonder why they suggest using the pushpins, a few more real screws should not cost them much…