Board not recognized

Hi,
I’m almost sure someone already had this problem but I didn’t find it.

I connected my orion board to my computer and nothing happened, when I go in the devices manager there is one device unknow by usb (Usb2.0-serial), I’m sure it’s the board. When I try to update the driver automatically or manually it’s not working, it tell me that “Windows couldn’t install the driver.” I tried with an other usb port but same problem. I thought it comes from the usb cable but I try with an Arduino Uno board (not the same usb cable) and I have exactly the same problem.

What can I do ?
Regards,
Vykel

Hi Vykel,

You may change a PC have a check and see if there is some issue on the current PC?

Maybe the USB connector has no connection to board.

I never replied but finally I found the problem, it came from the TTL/USB convertor.

What does that mean vykel? I have a similar problem on two computers with the Orion board. What is the Ttl/USB converter? How do you fix the problem?

When you send a programm from the PC to the board, it sends by USB like “sentences” but when it arrives on the board, this information needs to be translate to avoid the microcontroller to understand it. It’s converted in bytes thanks to the TTL/USB converter. But it needs to be configure with a correct driver to be used correctly.
You can find the driver on the web. Tell me if you fixed it.

Vykel, I would be interested in knowing what the driver is called so that I can find it. But I had a different solution to this problem. It was the cable. I tried 4 usb cables, 2 worked and 2 did not, on 2 separate orion boards. I nolonger know where I got any of the cables. When it does work, with a good cable, it always shows up as"USB-SERIAL CH 340 (COM___). Which Com port it is changes and has nothing to do with which port you actually plug into. One time it might be 3, another time 2, another time 5.

I also have a few versions of the Mbot. Oddly enough the Serial port is not visible if the battery pack is not connected and turned on.
Good luck and thank you,

George

Sorry for my belated answer. The converter is a CH340g on Orion board. Try to find a driver on the we, maybe here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/pjqn88uc64acpgz/ch341ser.zip). Sometimes it can works with different cable but it seems wierd… Use the cable provided with the board. The com port can change everytime, it’s allocated by the OS when you plug a new devices, it’s not a problem.
Sometimes somes components need an external power supply to works, that could explain why you need to connect battery.
Keep me in touch, I will try to answer faster,
Vykel

Thank you Vykel