Are there any chance to laser engraving photos with mdraw?

Hello, i bought a mdrawbot a couple of weeks ago.

I’m very happy but, the app, mdraw, does not work as i expected, i mean, when i take a photo or a draw to work, the app converts it to a silhouette or lines, but not in areas (i don’t konw how to offer a better explanation about what it does).

Maybe is my fault, but i don’t know how to engrave a photo, i readed the manuals, searched google, and try different things wiht Inkscape, but i didn’t get the results i expected.

Can you publish a tutorial about pass from pixmap images to SVG whit inkscape*?

• the manuals make reference to this program

Hi Guillermo.

What mDraw does is painting the “outline”. You see the result if you open Inkscape and choose View->Display Mode -> Outline.

Since mDraw works with vectors I guess that there is currently no way to “paint” a photo or even fill an area. Otherwise you would need a “draw pixel by pixel” mode.

From what I have read so far Benbox should be capable of doing this. However, I never tried this out. And I’m not sure if Benbox works with mDrawBot (I installed it for the xy plotter).

Regards,
Mike

Dear Guillermo_Alcedo_Cho,
Sorry for my late reply.
Please download the full version manual of [mDrawbot here.][1]
And i would share some SVG files below for your reference.
Test.zip (19.5 KB) SVG files for Test
mCar.zip (6.7 KB) SVG files for Car
mSpider.zip (157.3 KB) SVG files for mSpider
mScara.zip (332.7 KB) SVG files for mScara
mEggBot.zip (247.1 KB) SVG files for mEggBot
[1]: http://forum.makeblock.cc/t/download-mdrawbot-related-document-full-package-here-manual-software-more/1693