Airblock battery - very bad design

This is my 2nd. issue with Airblock. They have provided photos, etc. on how to take out the battery. But guess what? There are 4 critical flaws with Airblock and battery.

1. Its simply put cumbersome. So much so, each and every time my son comes to me to help him take it out! It’s tight and every time I have to wriggle it out. Push 1 side, then the other and then wriggle it out.
  • The enclosure is so tight that lot of scratch marks have appeared. I have 200% positive within another few months the enclosure won’t be this tight and battery will tend to fall off. That’s when this product will be useless unless I end up jerry rigging it somehow.

• the battery clips are fragile. I take a lot of caution when pulling/pushing them. If that breaks, gone.

• MOST IMPORTANTLY - you CAN NOT LEAVE THE BATTERY IN AIRBLOCK!! How dumb is that!! There’s no on-off switch. Yeah - the software offers one, but that switches off the fans, the lights, everything stays on. HUGE battery drain.

Overall - seriously: this is showing more and more critical design/architecture decisions both in hardware and software management (like closed door software, lack of mBlock support, over-the-air upgrades/firmware uploads). Its now more or less a glorified toy rather than a STEM tool.

Hi bmninada,

Thanks for sharing all of your views on the airblock, we have provided feedback and will keep improving on this product.

Hi,

Were the issues reported by bmninada fixed? How can I check the new hw revision?

Please create new topics for follow-ups instead of replying to topics older than a month, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.