4 dof robotic ARM

Its my first design with Makeblock parts, and I was very happy with the product and its quality.

The result is pretty cool even if the robotic arms seriously lack control on position and an end effector.
I’ve made only 4 dof because I did nothave sufficient components, but I believe that with a good design it could be possible to go up to 7 dof (like human arm). It could also be possible (with adequate computation) to put some springs (cf static balance) to deacrease the load that should provide the motors. In consequence it would alow to have a playload carried at the end effector.
Finally I also believe that the motors provided are maybe not precise enought for some of the dof, and that they could be replace by servomotors (and in consequence have a direct feedback on position). For the other dof, simple low-cost rotary encoders place smartly would be sufficient to assure a reasonalbe feedback.

I like it!
How are you controlling the movement ?

Simply a toy remote. Contact is made directly in hardware (connection are made manually).

[quote=“adebeir”]Its my first design with Makeblock parts, and I was very happy with the product and its quality.

The result is pretty cool even if the robotic arms seriously lack control on position and an end effector.
I’ve made only 4 dof because I did nothave sufficient components, but I believe that with a good design it could be possible to go up to 7 dof (like human arm). It could also be possible (with adequate computation) to put some springs (cf static balance) to deacrease the load that should provide the motors. In consequence it would alow to have a playload carried at the end effector.
Finally I also believe that the motors provided are maybe not precise enought for some of the dof, and that they could be replace by servomotors (and in consequence have a direct feedback on position). For the other dof, simple low-cost rotary encoders place smartly would be sufficient to assure a reasonalbe feedback.
[/quote]

That’s really a great work. Thanks for your sharing adebeir. Looking forward for your further work!

It’s pretty cool!!!

What‘s the carrying capacity of this arm?

Yet not a lot, I would say max 100g.
But my goal is to construct a arm with 1kg playload using appropriate reductions gears and more powerfull motors!

Yeah, reductions gear is a good way to increase the torque. How about timing belt?