Only half the LEDs are working

See also my post here, this one got turned into a completely different topic, so I thought I’d start a new one about the onboard LEDs.

I’ve finally found some more time to play with the ranger. I’m currently playing around with controlling it from the mBlock IDE.

While moving around works fine, turning on the LEDs with showed only half the LEDs lighting up. Before, this would happen sometimes, as shown in the earlier post. Now It seems to happen all the time that only half of the LEDs light up when I give the “set led on board” -> all -> red=160.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Hi ractoc,
You tested online or offline? Or both?
Please check power supply. Try some new (rechargeable) batteries.
If issue is still the same, please kindly take a video of the issue for us, as well as your program.

Here is my program:

I uploaded it to the board like this for offline mode, and I ran it against the default program stright from mBlock for offline mode. Both gave me the same results, only half of the LEDs would light up.

and here is a picture of it in offline mode:

and in online mode:

Hi ractoc,
Picture of on;ine mode, but no USB cable connected?
Have you ever tried to use USB cable connect ranger and pc?
And please make sure power is enough. Charge the battery and then test again.

Ah, my bad. I put up the pictures in the wrong order… They should be the other way around.

As for the batteries, I’m running with brand new Duracel batteries.

How about update firmware and reset to default mode?

Ok, so I updated the firmware and tried my own program again in online mode, same results.
The I reuploaded the default program and tried turning on the LEDs through the mblock app on my phone. That’s where things got interesting.

At first, all the LEDs turned on, so it seemed to work like it should:

Then I pressed the reset button on the back of the board (little black button) and this happened:

Only half the LEDs actually turned off, the same set turned of that I was able to turn on through my original program. The rest of the LEDs stayed on, and wouldn’t turn off no matter what I did, at the end I had to turn the entire board of and back on to get them to turn off.

After this, the default program and the app could only get half of them to light up. I;m not really sure what’s going on here, but it seems like som unpredictable behavior.

Hi ractoc,
That is really strange. If you don’t mind, let’s have a remote for checking the issue together? Our working time starts from +UTC 9:00 am to 6:30 pm on Monday to Friday.
By the way, this issue happened since you got it? Where did you purchase it?

Hello,

Yeah it’entirely possible to do a remote check. I’m available on Friday after 1:15 P on Friday. I may be able to be available on other days, but I would have to work from home to make that work.

The issue was there from the start. I bought it through a local online shop: bol.com. I’m not sure if they sell it themselves, or are merely acting as an online front for another seller.

Mark

Hi Mark,
I’ve checked that we are 6 hours earlier than your region. So let us try to do it on this Friday (around 1 pm). I often use Skype for video call, buy if you have other program, please let me know and I will download in advance.
By the way, bol.com is not a direct Makeblock distributor, they may bought from our distributor.

Hello,

Skype should work just fine. Like I said earlier, I should be able to come online around that time. The kids have a school outing that afternoon, but I should be back on time.

Skype is no problem. I’m downloading it now. Where can sent my contact data since I don’t want to post it on a public forum.

Sure, here is my email address: stephanie.wu@makeblock.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.