Codey Rocky and Neuron Camera Block

Hello all, i have a Codey Rocky and would like to know if we can use the camera block with it.
If yes, what could the camera do with Codey.
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

My answer is that it is possible but not directly with the Codey Rocky.
You can see the impossibility when you add the block: Neuron

You notice that the camera is not in the instructions. Which is disappointing but that I understand because the block camera is simply a USB camera that connects to the block WIFI.

Conclusion: without block WIFI, impossible to use the blocks Caméra or Mic & Speaker.
Solution: Use the WIFI block to take photos by adding a new device to your project.
Use case: Take a picture when the block PIR sensor detects movement and use the Cloud so that your Codey you notice that there is a photo taken.

Note for MakeBlock: It would probably be possible to connect the camera on the top of the Codey by USB. The Codey could play the same function of the WIFI block. This would allow the Codey to recognize faces, objects, expressions and widely expand the possibilities of your robot.

Thanks for the feedback. The camera block should be connected to wifi block. I am afraid we could not connect Codey with neuron camera block.

Thank you for the info. If i understood it right all i need is a wifi block and the camera right?
Regards.

But the thing is neuron wifi block cannot be connected to Codey Rocky. The Pogo Pin doesn’t match.

Indeed, the project must be indipendent.

Subgestion: Why not allow to connect the camera in the Codey (mini-usb port).
We white a mini usb to USB Female and we plug the camera in. The Codey must be as powerful as the WIFI block.

Hey Crackel, that is a nice idea. But does the Codey recognize the camera in the usb port?

Unfortunately, he does not recognize the camera.
However, physically, it remains possible.
It’s in the hands of Makeblock because their robots would have even more functionality.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.