Cannot see COM port from mBlock 5 post firmware & mBlock update

• have mBot v1.0 (wireless)
  • recently used on Win10 with n-1 version of your mBlock 5 software
  • bought a bluetooth module from you a couple of weeks ago (so we could use the app)
  • in order to get bluetooth module working (the app wouldn’t pair) on-line advice seemed to include updating the firmware
  • as that didn’t work updated to latest mBlock software as available today
  • firmware updated
  • bluetooth module worked (with app)
  • BUT problem now is (see attached screenshot) that computer won’t connect to mBot via a COM port
  • searching again on-line (e.g. No Usb Connection on Windows 10 - No Serial Port & Cannot connect mBot via USB ) I do not see any answers
  • as mBlock 5 doesn’t seem able to update the Arduino board I installed your v3 software as well
  • in summary: yesterday I had the ability to connect to my mBot from a Win10 PC via USB but now I cannot as the mBlock 5 software won’t recognise a COM port. Nothing else on the PC has changed (it’s dedicated to this and isn’t used for anything else). Can you advise ?

Hi jondcarroll,
Once the USB cable connected, it should be detected in mBlock 5. If it fails to detect the COM port, please check:
Once connected USB cable, is there ports (COM &LPT) option?
If no, replug out and in the USB cable; try another port, try another USB cable.
If there is ports option but still fails to detect COM, it may be caused by failing to install arduino driver manually, I’ll send you the driver via email.
If you still have issue, please provide with more details:
The version of your mBlock 5;
The mBot Bluetooth module (photo);
A video of the issue.

cannot load videos as they are too big so will respond to your email, Stephanie

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.