Can I screencast the makeblock app from tablet to projector?

This would be really useful for classes - the kids can see me coding on a tablet connected to my Codey and they can copy the code. Is it possible with a normal android tablet?

I see a screen mirroring device like this can share the screen from a tablet

but it cannot share encrypted apps like netflix - so I wonder does that include the makeblock tablet app?

Hi sparkie,

I had a Chinese AnyCast doogle.
Maybe the same but I have it back for a Smart TV.

That official correctly with my equipment. Here are some problems that could happen because the image side of MakeBlock applications should be displayed without any problem.

1. The internet on a school network. Establishing the connection to the internet can be a complex on a network in schools. If the application for Cody Rocky requires the Internet for IoT then you will have some problems.

2. There were some bogs with videos like youtube. However, it is probably corrected.

Conclusion: It’s cheap to turn your projector into a big Android tablet

Is your tablet an Android-based tablet or an iOS-based tablet?

If it’s an iOS-based tablet, an Apple TV (any generation) can be used with AirPlay (built into the OS).

If it’s an Android-based tablet, you could load one of these apps (link) and stream to an Apple TV as well.

Another approach is discussed in this thread and uses a Raspberry Pi as the streaming receiver.

Any of these would require that your tablet and the receiver (Apple TV, Raspberry Pi, etc.) be on the same network but wouldn’t necessarily require Internet access.

I am afraid that is not include in Makeblock App. You may try Chuck’s suggestion.
Or coding on the PC so it can project for students.

thanks for all the suggestions. I can code for mbot or codey on the pc, so that is no problem. But I really want to do it with Neuron - I have a chromebook that can run Neuron (from playstore) but it won’t connect with the blocks - apparently the bluetooth wont connect using this configuration.
I bought a couple of these to try them out - I’ll let you know how I get on. I might look at the Raspberry pi solution also, thanks

If you use Apple devices, you may also connect it to a Mac and use iMovie to do a screencast.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.