Wrong error message Orion - Upload Failed, please remove the bluetooth module

This error message comes up in mBlock when (in this case) using an impossible boolean. It might pop up in other cases. It has nothing to do with a bluetooth module, doublecheck your code!

Hi albertep,

Thanks for your feedback, this is a known phenomenon on mBlock software.
Program upload will fail on orion when there is Bluetooth module connected, this error message was written to mBlock software at beginning to remind users removing the Bluetooth while upload.
Since currently mBlock doesn’t have enough function to check for various types of reasons, it will automatically pup up this error message either.
When you met such error message without Bluetooth connected, please ignore it and check the other reason.
I will also provide feedback to our engineer and hope there wound be improvement on this in the future.

Hi tec_support,

I already suspected it was a kind of generic error-message. I came across this message when using a string in a custom-block. Using a number is no problem. This is a bug, i suppose?
Though not directly related to this topic, i want to post it anyway.

block_parameter_error.sb2 (74.5 KB)

Hi albertep,

This error pops up since there is error in the program when you define the sring.
There should be double quotes for the word “red” in the Boolean formula.

Hi tec_support, i failed to check the generated Arduino code. I assumed it was already taken care of because it was presented as a Text field.
Does it make sense to add the quotation marks in the translation from mBlock blocks to Arduino C, and not having to type it in manually as a mBlock user?
It is already done like this in setled_nr_colorstring(1, "red");

Hi albertep,

The []=[] block doesn’t support string directly. So you need type in the quotation marks manually.
In mBlock, you can use the following program block with string directly:

OK, i wasn’t aware of this block. By the way, this Communication Extension itself is a bit difficult to grasp. I can’t find any useful documentation or examples for use on it. Can you point anything out?

You may check if this one helps.