Windows Operating system for mblck mbot COM3

It was september I received the mbot package. What a surprise it is not working under windows 10 (every new laptop has it perinstalled).
I spend 2 month in trying to test with an old pc with Windows ME, and older version.
Finally I bought an old laptop an formatted and loaded window 7 Pro (2014).

We are close to Chritsms and I’m not still able to connect mbot with mblock software.
I’m not asked to be a software analist so just 2 questions;

1. which version of window 7 is most sutable for mblock ?
  2. How can I set up this damned COM3 with the correct dirver to connect mbot to mblock

thanks (otherwise i would like to have my money back…)

I installed yesterday on win 10 and everything works: disable antivirus during installation.
I just have a problem with Bluetooth that connects poorly with rechargeable batteries.

Hi Grosettini,

Sorry to hear that!

1)Normally, the mBlock software works with all of the Windows system, I think there is no version that is most suitable.
While since the Windows 7 PC we are using for testing mBlock software is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits, you can use this one if possible for you.
2) For install the Arduino driver for Windows PC, you can install through mBlock software directly.

After you connected mBot to PC, you can find the correct COM port for mBot under PC’s device Device Manger->Ports (The COM port for USB-SERIAL CH340 is the serial port for the mBot, it may not be COM 3 either).

After you checked the correct serial port, choose the corresponding COM port on mBlock software:

Looks like you have tried lots of effort for the issues, please let us know more details for the problem, hope we can help solving it.

Here is a post listing all the FAQs for mBot

1. the pc is a 32 bits so the only thing did is to install the x86 Ultimate 2009 service pack 1 of windows 7
  2. I disabled windows defender
  3. I installed mblok as admin and than arduino drivers (than rebbot the system)
  4. I connected serial Com 3: (the top of the screen shows the mesage “Serial Port connected - Not saved”
  5. when trying to install the reset program upload failed
  6. whatching device manager looks like this (it is in Italian but no ports are available to be set up)

How do I manually can install the drivers ?? (this is the problem also wit Win ME etc…)

IMPORTANT: surfing through the iternet somone tells that the problem coud be the laptop itself (instead of having a desktop.
So I’m not engeener but this is a real problem and you should solve it in some way. because ohterwise one needs to spend 100 time the amount of mbot to have a pc working with mblock.

It is frustrating promising my kid that for his birthday september 11 received this stuff. It sould be clarely explained in the system requirement…

Hi Grosettini,

Sorry to hear that.
Actually, the mBlock works on all the windows, there is no special system requirement for it.
For the issue, we may arrange remote access for you to check, please kindly add my Skype account (1021306172@qq.com) for better communication. I am available from 9:00~18:30 on working day at China time, please let me know your available time.

Solved: need to turn a small switch on to let theserial port be visible to Windows, even if the original Arduino board works just with serial cable.

Hello,

I have the same problem. Can you tell me which switch you did turn on?
Is it on the Windows OS, or at the mBot level?

Thank you very much in advance for a reply …Ciao

Hi Bigjaba,

The power switch on the mBot should be turned ON.