Use locale.xlsx?

Hi,
I started to explain the problem in “French translation?”:
When I clean cache, I close mBlock, I change locale.xlsx with the new one from Google Docs, I restart mBlock and the list of language is empty, only english.
So I cannot change only this file, I don’t know why…
The problem is that mBlock seems not to read correctly this file.
From Google Drive, I do : File -> Download -> Microsoft Excel. And I put this file at the right place, when I launch mBlock I have this:

Thanks for your help !!!

Sebseb: Perhaps you need to re-install mBlock. The locale.xlsx file is located in the folder called locale, at least on the Macintosh (maybe check with the Windows user for its location there). Open that locale.xlsx file with MS Excel and you will see a large number of phrases in English in the first (left-most) column. Then the translation of these phrases into many different languages forms all the other columns in the file, with each row being the English phrase in column 1 and all the other languages in the same row in other columns. Find the phrase you think is not translated correctly by doing a search for that text in column A, and then go across the row to the French column. In that cell, you can modify the text to be correct. Save your modified locale.xlsx file in the same location, and you will then see all the different languages displayed in the mBlock program.
Good luck! efrank03

Thanks, but I already well know this. I’m their first translator when it was called Scratchbot :grin:, so I work on it for long time.
But there is a real bug with encoding of this locale.xslx file.
When I save file with my Excel or LibreOffice software, it make the locale file unreadable by mBlock.
That’s the real problem I cannot solve.

Once you have changed the locale file, you must go to Extensions -> Clear Cache and resart mBlock. :+1:

Yes I know but it d’oesn’t work either…
There’s something wrong with file or encoding.

Hi sebseb!

I had the same problem. Edit locale file with WPS Office (free) and save. It works OK!!!

WPS Office:
https://www.wps.com/download

I had the same problem. Edit locale file with WPS Office (free) and save. It works OK!!!