USB Host with Mecanum

I have purchased a mecanum kit with ME USB Host and third party 2.4G control. I have a blue LED at D2 and red LED at PWR on the USB host. I have no control function. However running a simple motor control test, i know the motors/drivers/Orion are alive. I’m at my point of frustration and need some advice. Can anyone recommend a handle that works correctly please??? this is the handle I purchased https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Controller-Gamepad-Android-Smartphone/dp/B01ICVHGAU

Hi TrevorSmith,

Normally, the mecanum kit contains both the Me USB host and the wireless Game Handle USB 2.4G. where is your 2.4G wireless handle?

I am afraid the third party 2.4G control won’t work with the mecanum robot since there is special communicate protocol between the USB host and the wireless 2.4G handle base on their hardware info.

Thank you for the reply. I ordered the kit without the handle from a supplier here in the US due to a time constraint. Before I ordered, I read all of the documentation and I didn’t see anything that stated the kit required the specific handle from MakeBlock. This was my incorrect assumption. Sounds like at this point, I am stuck without the correct handle. Is there a way I can order/receive that device?

Hi TrevorSmith,

We don’t sell the USB 2.4G wireless controller separately.
Does your Mecanum robot contain the electronic parts including the Me Orion board, two high power encoder motor drivers and the me USB host?
If yes, this robot should contain the Makeblock 2.4G wireless controller and please kindly contact the supplier and ask for the 2.4G wireless controller.

Btw, what is the company name of the supplier? In this link, you can find our official distributors in USA.

For further feedback, please send email to daisy@makeblock.com.