Upload to Arduino not working on mac

Hi,

I am trying to use mBlock with my mbot and it is connected but won’t upload to ardinuo. The upgrade firmware is also graded out.

Thanks,

Hi Lambournelearn,

For the issue that upgrade firmware is graded out. Have you connect the serial port of connection between mBot to PC on the mBlock software? Please make sure you have chosen the correct serial port and Board first.
Here is a instruction to guide upgrade firmware to you for reference.1. How to Upgrade Firmware for mBot.docx.zip (690.6 KB)

Once still the same issue, you may download and re install the latest version mBlock 3.4.5 have a try.

If you can upgrade firmware properly, then try upload following example program to mBot:

Hi to everybody.
I have teh opposite problem: after using mBlock 3.4.6 on iMac with macOS 10.12 (Sierra) for a month without ANY problem, I’ve used mBlock in Arduino mode to control a servomotor. From that moment Arduino refuse to upload any sketch from mBlock in normal mode and run ONLY in Arduino mode. What’s my error? What can I do?
Many thanks

Same problem:
I bought a new Mbot 2.4g model but it is not working correctly like when I open it it is not beeping and I cannot use the remote. I resetted the program with mblock but it is not working. But when I plug it in my PC it works correctly! And the remote is working. Please help. When I unplug it from Pc the arduino resets itself example: I wrote a line follower program. And it is working with cable (I uploaded it in Arduino). But when I unplug it stops working.

Hi 141_selim,

I may suspect the batteries on the mBot can’t provide enough power for the robot. When you connect with USB cable, robot can be powered from both USB connection and battery, and when disconnect USB, it only get power from battery.
Please kindly change the batteries have a try.
According to our test and research, it is suggested to use rechargeable Li-ion battery or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium which can be bought from amazon or local shop. Or Alkaline battery with good quality like Energizer, DURACELL.