Ultimate 2.0 Bluetooth does not work properly without connected to a PC via USB

I upgrade the firmware, Everything seems works well only if I connect my ultimate 2.0 to a PC via USB cable. As soon as I disconnected the USB cable, bluetooth stops working right away.

Hi su27,

May I know the details phenomenon about the Bluetooth stop working after you disconnected the USB cable?

The issue is that you can’t connect Ultimate Bluetooth to makeblock APP? Or you can connect the Bluetooth to the APP but can’t control the robot via the APP?
In above case, it is suggested to change the batteries for Ultimate 2.0 have a try.
According to our test and research, it is suggested to use rechargeable Li-ion battery or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium which can be bought from amazon or local shop. Or Alkaline battery with good quality like Energizer, DURACELL.

If it is the other issue, please kindly let us know more details,thanks!

I can confirm that the Bluetooth connection issue is battery related.

If Bluetooth will connect (between the Andriod/iPad app and MegaPi), but you get a “Firmware Update Required” message when trying to connect (under battery power), then it is a battery issue.

The Lithium ion rechargeable battery pack (with a full charge) will eliminate the problem.

Or buy new alkaline batteries…

What Lithium ion rechargeable battery pack are you talking about for the ultimate 2.0?

I am looking at purchasing multiple ultimate 2.0 kits and do not want to constantly replace AA batteries.

I also read, from another post, that rechargeable NiMH batteries did not produce enough power, only 1.2V vs 1.5V for non rechargeables? Not enough “juice” for the motors.

Hi rojoamigo,

You may buy the similar lithium battery with the one we using for testing refer to this post.