Troubleshooting guide for XY Plotter?

Hi, @bojaneeden. You can watch the video to know how to upload the program.

I think you have installed the Arduino IDE, so you can just go to the second part of the video.

Thanks for the reply guys. I guess what I am trying to ask in a vague way, is how to figure out how you all have worked with this hardware not using the mobile application that is in the instructions for the building the XY Plotter? I have only tried it with the tutorial that I found and discussed with @sammccants, but I would imagine there are other ways to create gcode. If you have found other ways, what are they? I would like to be able to know that I got the hardware setup as accurate as possible and work on the gcode creation, but I donā€™t seem to get accurate drawing and itā€™s hard to determine if the switches on the DIP are the issue (I will try what you wrote Sam) OR if the code is not working well with the Arduino.

Going back some in our discussion, I have noticed the limit switches are not used and would love to see that integrated into the code that is given with this kit.

If you are using something to generate your GCODE, what is it and how do you like it?

Also, I am reviewing the controller called TinyG which would replace the stepper drivers, stepper shield and the Meduino. If anyone would like to review and offer some feedback, we would probably all enjoy your thoughts on it:
https://www.synthetos.com/project/tinyg/

Hi Johhny, thanks for your reply. I tried to upload using Arduino, but at the first place I couldnā€™t find COM6. Tried on COM10 but it didnā€™t work. Iā€™m completely lost. Please help.

Hi @bojaneeden,

Iā€™m not sure your board is Baseshield and Meduino. If so, please pull out the USB cable and close all the Arduino IDE on your screen. After that, plug in the USB cable and check that again.

@Johnny I am pretty sure I have a bad Me-BaseShield which explains why I canā€™t get the XY Plotter working like I expected. The number 4 port on the Me Base Shield does not send a signal to move the motors. If I switch the plug to 3rd port, it will work. So, I can only get the X or the Y to move since I have to use port 3, port 4 produces no movement. What can I do to get this replaced?

Hi @todd,

Iā€™m sorry for the problem. Can you try it on the PORT_6 first? The tag is blue.

@Johnny which part of the code do I need to modify to make sure the commands are sent to that port instead of the port 4 that normally talks to?

Hi, @todd.

At the start of the Plotter_For_Arduino.ino, you will find the code

AccelStepper stepperY(AccelStepper::DRIVER, 2, 8); // 2-PUL, 8-DIR, PORT 4

Please modify the port 2 and 8 to A2 and A3, you can see that on the PCB. If it doesnā€™t work, please exchange them.

Hi @Johnny. I filled out a request for return a couple of days ago and havenā€™t got a response yet. I really would like to exchange the shield and the arduino so I can get it replaced and get the project working. Do you know how long I have to wait to allow the return to get approval?

Hi @todd . May i ask where did you send the request? i will go through it. or could you please send us another email to support@makeblock.cc. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply @Alice. I filled out the return form on the www.makeblock.cc website. It shows my message and it is waiting a reply, but no reply, I feel so unloved. :slight_smile: I will email my message to the address you wrote.

Thanks for your message and email todd! :smile:

Thanks for your help @Alice, I replied back with the answers you wanted. I have seen others have the same issue with the Arduino, where it gives an error of stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. In my case, I think there is a problem with the shield as well. However, the arduino error seems to be a common one and I wish there was a clear solution on how to get it fixed. Just let me know what I should do next please. Thank you.