Trouble with Mbot motor port programming

Hi,

So I bought a mbot and after I built it and wanted to play around with it I realised that one of the 2 wheels weren’t working, so I sent an email and I was told to program the following into the robot:

,but in my app ,mblock 3.4.11, I cant find the “set motor port speed” block anywhere.
Please Help!

Jean.

Hi Dolanticus,

Did this post posted by you?
If yes, you have the mBot 101 or mBot 1.1 robot? Could you please take a picture for your mBot robot?

If it is the mBot 101 on mBlock software, you need choose the Me UNO Shield under the Board option.

Btw, have you upload the program to FirmwareFor101 to the mBot 101 via the Arduino software? If you want to program mBot 101 with mBlock software, you need upload the FirmwareFor 101 first.
Here I attach an instruction for mBot 101 to you for reference.mBot 101 Programming Manual.zip (664.5 KB)

Hi,

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick on my computer,but the only other problem is that I don’t have bluetooth on my computer, so I want to use my phone to control the bot, I have the mBlock app on my phone but as soon as I disconnect my computer from my bot the port stops working again, is there a way I can make the bot permanently save the code for this port? Because when I try to use my phone only the one port works again, its the 2 ports for my motors, its port 2 and 9 but port 2 doesn’t remember the coding. Is there like a way I can download the code onto my bot sothat it will remember the code.
Please help.

Jean

Download the guide pdf from this page: http://learn.makeblock.com/en/getting-started-programming-with-mblock/

See page 10++ which explains how to download a program to the mBot.

Also, I recommend that you just buy a USB Bluetooth dongle for your PC, they cost less than 10$

Hi Jean,

The mBot 101 is an customized robot, its Bluetooth doesn’t support mBlock APP. It only support mBlock software on PC to run program online.
Also, the mBlock doesn’t support upload program to mBot 101 no matter via the USB cable or Bluetooth. If you want to upload program to mBot 101, you can only do it via Arduino software.
If you have added the makeblock library for Arduino101/Genuino101 in the Arduino software, you can upload the example program DCMotor to the robot.

The example program DCMotor use the Port 9 and Port 10 for the motors, if you want to use the Port 2, you can change the Port 10 to Port 2.

@Andreas, it is so kind of you linking the instruction. Actually, the page 10 instruction is for standard mBot 1.1 robot. The robot Jean has is the customized robot mBot 101 which is different with mBot 1.1.

Need help with uploading programs to Mbot