Remote Control does not work?

I am a complete novice and have assembled mbot. I then followed the tutorial to install the coding software and updated the firmware on the M bot. I ordered a 3v battery and installed it into the remote today - however M bot is not responding to the remote. any ideas? thank you!

You should use the 2025 button battery to activate your remote controller.

yes I installed the specified battery, but mbot does not respond…
mbot is turned on, all of the lights flashing, but is not responding to the remote control

an easy way to test if a remote is sending an IR signal is to use your cell camera and aim it at the remote IR LED and press a button. You should see the LED flickering. Test with a working remote since your phone might have a good IR filter and it might not work. Find a phone or digital camera that does show the LED flicker and you can confirm if your makeblock remote is operating or not.

I am a complete novice too. I setup the Bot. tried the remote control and it worked. Then I connected it to mBlock and after updating the firmware executed some code in the console and it worked too. then I tried to use the remote again and nothing happened. How can I make it respond to the remote control again? did I lost the preconfigured programs? What doess the white wheel button on the remote?

Thanks,

I have some of the same questions as laconlover… after I executed new code for the remote controller, the preconfigured programs no longer work. How can i reset the controller to factory setting so that the preconfigured programs work again? And also, what function does the white wheel button on the remote serve? Thanks!

You need to re-upload the Default program.
See this post for more info:

Loads of other help in the forum so search the existing posts and see if there is a similar question to the one you have.