RE: mBot Ranger

Hey there.

How am I suppose to program the Ranger to move by using scratch programming?

Im currently connecting the Ranger with my desktop through the USB method.
I’ve tried the at speed <100> under the Robot section, however the ranger doesnt move.

Kindly please help.

Thank You.
Wai

Here’s a sample program:

This program works fine on the Explorer configuration so long as I don’t have the treads on. I’m looking into why it causes the board to power down if the treads are on though…

Supposingly yes. But I’ve tried that but it doesn’t work.
I’ve connected the device properly. Everything works okay except moving the Ranger

Hmm, I’m going to try some freshly charged batteries tomorrow morning. When I run the program, the board shuts down power and that shouldn’t happen.

@tec_support, could you respond to this when you get back from Chinese New Year?

Hi Kahwai218,

First, please upgrade firmware for Ranger first refer to this document before you test the online program.How to Upgrade Firmware for Ranger.zip (358.3 KB)
Second, make sure you have powered on the Ranger robot before you connect it to PC with USB cable.
Third, if it still doesn’t move after operate above, you may need change the battery have a check. According to our test and research, it is suggested to use rechargeable Li-ion battery or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium which can be bought from amazon or local shop. Or Alkaline battery with good quality like Energizer, DURACELL.

Besides, here is a program online course for Raner to you for reference.

Hi Charels,

I am not on New Year holiday yet, will be on holiday in six days.
For the shut down issue, please let me know the info needed in this post.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve done everything you said.
And apparently the car can’t be programmed through USB. It doesn’t move at all. Other than that, the rest is okay.

Can you explain further? Because the LED, sounds etc is working perfectly fine.

Hi Kahwai218,

Pease reset default program for Ranger and see if it moves when control with mobile APP (Makeblock APP)?
Here is the instruction to guide reset default program.How to Reset default program for Ranger.zip (411.1 KB)

Make sure you have the Ranger chosen in the Boards pull down menu while in the mBlock coding environment.