Problem running mblock v3.4.6 on Mac OS Sierra

I got a new mbot and downloaded mblock v3.4.6 from http://www.mblock.cc/download/ for MacBook Air.
After downloading, moved the mblock to Application folder, as recommended in getting started manual. whenever I try opening it, after verification it throws up an error saying mBlock_v3.4.6 can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

checked few forums and one thing that i can’t do is to allow opening appls from unidentified developer in general settings ( i dont have the option)
Questions

1. Am I downloading it from the right place?
  2. How do we solve this issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Agastya

You are downloading it from the right place, but you’ll need to go into System Preferences and change your security setting to allow you to open packages from any developer long enough to launch mBlock. You can set them back to normal after that. mBlock is not a signed app, so the Mac security system makes you go through the extra steps to make sure that you really want to launch the app.

Thanks Chuck…
Unfortunately I don’t have the option in security settings to open packages from any developer… it only has 2 options 1. App Store OR 2. App store and identified developers…
so I guess I am at dead-end spot ??

Does your account have Admin privileges? I’m looking at my Security & Privacy settings on the General tab and I’m seeing App Store, App Store and identified developers, and Anywhere.

No I don’t have Admin privileges…

That may be the issue then. Can you get admin privileges?

Also, @tec_support can you get the app signed? Non-admin users will not be able to install in MacOS if the application is not signed.

In the system preferences, under Security & Privacy, choose allow app downloaded from App Store and identified developers. if you run mBlock and block, there would be a line of warning below that selection and you need allow mBlock by click allow.

Opening it either by just Open or Ctrl + open - all it does is

1. Displays a msg - Verifying mblock_v3.4.6, after 10 seconds or so
  2. It display a error message

There is no other line it displays where I can click to allow. This is primarily because I am not the admin and I will not get the admin access to this system

@tec_support, is it possible to get the app signed in AppStore?

you can open the terminal and use the command line : sudo spctl --master-disable
Then enter your password, it will show the option of Anywhere.
Choose that option

Hi Agastya,

We may have such plan in the future, but currently not.
We have recorded your request for further assessment, thanks for the query.
Please kindly try the advice from utowoo and there is a video to show the whole steps.

This may not work if @Agastya does not have sudo privileges, but great tip!

BTW, shouldn’t the command be sudo, not sudu?

Yes si sodu, my mistake

Wow, that worked. Thank you @utowoo