Orion board won't upload sketch either on IDE or mblock

What have i done

• Installed drivers , installed Adruino IDE installed mblocks , connected via usb , using windows 10
  • tried to make a mini test program for mblocks (connected to the correct com port , and set board = starter /ultimate and i m running on Arduino mode
  • When trying to upload the sketch to the board it says :
    • stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Frankly i haven’t been so confused until now in my life before . So many confusing things and useless solutions everywhere . The documentation sucks .

Hi alexlemesios,

Have you switch off the beeper on the Me Orion board? Besides, make sure there is no electronic module connected to Port 5 on Orion board while uploading program.
Please kindly refer to this document to reset default program for the Me Orion board have a try.2. How to reset default program for starter with mBlock.docx.zip (1.1 MB)

Makeblock Orion-Problem

Hi , sorry for my previous unpleasant comment about the documentation .

I removed an electronic module from port 5 and the program uploaded nicely .

Now i have the following problem :

• Using mblocks , i made the following program to just test the motors ( attached screenshot)

Now , when i unplug it from the PC and then switch the robot ON , the one motor does nothing , the other sounds like my 95 year-old grandpa :stuck_out_tongue:

I m newbie to these robots . Some help would be appreciated . If you need images of the robot let me know .

Thanks

Hi alexlemesios,

It is ok, we understand and will make plan to improve.

As for your issue, could you please try the following program:

For the motor which never roates, please kindly check if the two wires for the motor have inserted to the yellow terminal properly (make sure each metallic line in the black wire and white wire are touched to the metallic part inside the yellow terminal ) .
You may try loosen the screw, then re plug the black wire and white wire to the yellow terminal, and screw them again.

Besides, may I know what’s kind of battery do you use? If the batteries can’t provide enough power to drive the motors, the motor may not rotate or even make high noise.
According to our test and research, it is suggested to use rechargeable Li-ion battery or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium which can be bought from amazon or local shop. Or Alkaline battery with good quality like Energizer, DURACELL.