Orion and Makeblock Dual Motor Driver

Hello,

I tried to connect Me Dual motor driver to orion using the ports as described in the picture ( the red ones ) .
Problem is that as soon as i plug in the driver to the board all the leds close and it doesnt response to any commands . After i unplug the driver , the board works just fine . I am using the standard battery pack to power it up . Anyone that had this problem before?
Thank you .

Hi, could you post your wiring here? Was the Me Dual Motor Driver extremely hot when you ran program to the Orion while the driver connected with the Orion?

Hello ,

Yes the me dual motor driver was getting very hot .
I used port 1 from orion (red one ) to j1 from medual .

Hi Theogritzi,

Have you installed the Orion and Me dual dc driver on any mechanical parts?
Please kindly try disassemble everything, only leave one Orion, one dual dc driver, one RJ25 cable. Then connect the me dual dc driver to Port 1 on Orion board have a check. It is still appreciated if you can show the connection and application.

Hello ,

Here is a movie with what is happening.

Thanks a lot of helping.

Hi Theogritzi,

You may forget to attach the movie or link to the movie.

Oh ya , i am sorry
Here it is : https://ufile.io/5w11z

From your video, it might be the issue caused by the Me Dual Driver or the gripper.
Please try the following steps.
I. Remove the gripper from the driver, only connect the me dual driver to Port 1 on Orion. Check if the led lights come off while connected.
2. Only connect the me dual driver to Port 2 on Orion, and check the led lights again.
If the led lights are on while the driver connects to Orion, we suspect the gripper is defective.
If the led lights are off while the driver connects to Orion, the driver is faulty.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I know for sure that the gripper works because i tested it using the default driver ports of orion .
I tried to connect the driver on port 1 and on port 2 and the same issue happens .
So i guess the driver is gone and there is nothing i can do ?^^

It’s time for you to replace a new driver :smile: