Obstacle-avoidance

When our Mbot is in obstacle-avoidance mode, she just rides up on the obstacle and spins her wheels.

Can't solve mBot Blockly step 5-3

H. Is the ultrasonic sensor working? Maybe check the cables.

If those are the sensors behind the “eyes” only right one is lit (red).

Hi Lily,

I may suspect if you have plugged the Ultrasonic sensor to the correct port (port 3)? Or if the wire connection loose. Could you please kindly refer to the following instructions to test the Ultrasonic module.
14. The example program to test if the Ultrasonic module is working properly.docx.zip (20.1 KB)
1. How to Upgrade Firmware for mBot.docx.zip (690.6 KB)

Besides, here is also a issue solved post to you for reference: Ultrasonic sensor blocked at 400

If the ultrasonic sensor works when test it, please reset default program for mBot and you can test the obstacle-avoidance mode.2.How to reset default program manually.docx.zip (677.9 KB)

I would love to try this, but as I have not been able to make a blue-tooth connection, I can’t. Neither my laptop nor my ipad will pair. Too many problems.

I forgot to say that we are using the IR remote and have figured out the line-following mode. Now we are trying to use the obstacle avoidance mode.

I took it apart and pushed in connections. I think one was loose. It works now. thanks!