Object detection and line mode not working

My son received an mbot bluetooth version for his birthday. We’ve tried testing it with the onboard button. Both line detection and object sensor have power, but neither feature is working. It just drives in a straight line and the wheels keep spinning as it hits things. I’ve tried updating the firmware, but when I do that, the onboard button looses all functionality. I can get the button working again by setting the default program, but again, the object detection and line features don’t work.

Hi, you’ve probably checked this, but verify that the sensors are plugged into the correct ports and are firmly seated.

Also, the “Upgrade Firmware” and “Reset Default Program” are simply programs for the mBot and overwrite anything that is in the mCore memory. Upgrading the firmware puts the current version of the serial firmata in place for interacting with the mBot over the air or USB cable from within mBlock/Scratch. The “default program” merely overwrites the current contents of memory with the default program that has the various program functions (line following, etc.).

Best regards,

Chuck

Having same problem with our new MBOT bluetooth. Did you find a solution yet?

Hi malamb,

Do both the line follower mode and obstacle avoidance mode not work on your Bluetooth mBot?
What you have tried, could you pleas kindly provide more details?
Anyway, you can reset default program refer to this instruction first.2.How to reset default program manually.docx.zip (677.9 KB)

Besides, you may change the battery for the robot in case it can’t get enough power.

mBlock on iPad - obstacle ahead, pick up - not working