Multiple wirelss mbot. How to pair the correct wireless dongle and module

Multiple wireless mbot usage.
I have 10 wireless mbot(s) and related dongles and modules
After some search I have read (here) that each 2.4G module and Dongle have a unique serial connection. Is this correct?

1. Does this mean that I can use a dongle only with its specific 2.4 module (the one that it comes together when I have bought the mbot)? and, on the other hand, that I can not use a different 2.4 module with the same dongle
  2. Pupils mixed the 10 dongles and modules in a way that is not possible to “rebuild” the original couples. How can I do to “associate” (understand) which dongle “belongs” to a certain mobt/2.4 module?
    Thanks in advance

Hello,

I would recommend to give each mBot and each dongle a number or a colour with a sticker so kids know which ones belong to each other.

When you can’t rebuild the orginal couples, you can pair a random dongle and a random mBot by pressing the very small white button on the Wifi module while you keep the dongle close to it.

That works quite well in my experience, but sometimes a mBot “listens” to the old dongle too. I have had to rescue a mBot once that wanted to drive off the table, because of a command by another computer/dongle. Therefore, I would advice to keep them together after pairing them again.

Greetings, PinkyPepper

Thanks a lot Pink.
Any way to “pair” many dongles and (its) 2.4 module quicker?

Hi dutes,

Here is a link with FAQs for mBot to you for reference.
You can refer to FAQ 21 to repair each 2.4G module to the dongle.