MLaser crashes

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased a Laserbot, installed MLaser and been using (and LOVING) it since. Today it has suddenly started crashing whenever I clicked on “start” (engraving wood). I tested it, everything tested fine (including test engraving the M and the rulers). I’ve updated the firmware too, didn’t help. I’ve uninstalled MLaser and reinstalled it, the problem remains the same. I log in, open the file I’d like to engrave (a file that has worked before), click Preview Engraving Area (works fine), click on “Start” and the software just crashes. Please please please help, I LOVE this little machine, I’d like to keep using it!

Thank you in advance!

Hi orshika,

Could you please try the following points and see if it works:

1. Totally uninstall it and then install it under the safe mode of the Computer.
  2. Run mLaser software with administration right.
  3. Run mLaser with compatible mode:
    Right click on mLaser—>Properties.
    On the pup windows, go to Compatibility option.
    On this page, check the option “Run this program in compatibility mode” and choose the older version option in the drop down
    list.
    After above settings for the mLaser on both Windows 10, please check if the mLaser software works problem.

Hi Tec_Support,

I did everything you told me to do, didn’t work. I even removed the registry entries so I could make sure it’s not something that the software put down in there that’s interfering with the current install but no. It kept crashing just the same. I’m trying completely new files and modifying the ones it has issues with, it KINDA works (super inconsistent)… Problem is the issue is not with certain file types, it crashes at SOME jpgs but not with others and it’s the same with pngs and svgs. Honestly I’m at a loss at this moment because it’s virtually impossible to put my finger on what causes the problem. I’ll upload two files, one with the text was the one that made the software crash, the plain portrait I’m engraving this very moment. The pic with the text was flattened and saved as jpg so there was no actual text in it but as soon as I cropped that off it was working.

Hi orshika,

Do you mean when you start engrave the first picture with the text, the mLaser software crash.
While it won’t crash when engrave the second picture without text?
Here we will do the test on a Windows 10 computer.

Btw, may I know which version of the Windows 10 system you have?
Is it Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro or other version?

Besides, is it possible for you to take a video to show your operation and the crash issue with the mLaser software?

Hi orshika,

Here we have tested both the image on a Windows 10 home, both image can be engraved properly.
May we know do you have other computer to have a test?

Hi,

I’m running Win10 Pro 64. I did test the designs on my laptop too (same OS), did the same :frowning:

Hi orshika,

Sorry to hear that!
We provide feedback of this issue and system version to our engineers.
Temporarily, do you have a Computer with other system like Windows 7 you can try?

Laserbot software issues