Missing reporter blocks for external encoder motors

Hello @tec_support

I am working with extra Encoder Motors that I added to my mBot Ranger and want to operate with Me Auriga board. It all works fine, however, I am limited in what I can program, e.g. in mBlock (similar Situation in the mBlock and Makeblock apps) as I do not find any blocks that provide Information on the current state of the Encoder Motors. I do find those blocks for the “internal” main Encoder Motors M1 and M2: image

So, I am looking for Reporter blocks like the ones above where I can select the Encoder Motor at Port 1/…/4 and Slot 1/2. Is it possible to add those in mBlock?

Thank you in advance and Kind regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Yes, there is no such program block to read the status for encoder motor which connected to RJ25 ports.
For your request, we have provided feedback to our product manager for further assessment. They will discuss it. Thanks for sharing your requirement and welcome for any other suggestions.

Hello @tec_support

Thank you for your prompt reply. It would be great if you can keep me posted on any decision of your product management e.g. to put these blocks on the roadmap. Thanks in advance and regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Okay! I will post it here when there is a decision. But I am afraid it won’t be so fast since the spring festival is coming, there will be a long holiday. The product managers would start discuss the requirements from users after the holiday.

Spring Festival. Will tec support be away from 15-21 Feb? Enjoy!!

Hi rojoamigo,

Thank you!
Actually, we have a longer holiday than the standard 7 days. The normal holiday starts from this Sunday to 21 Feb.
Before the holiday, we will leave a note on the forum. Sorry for the coming absence during this period.

Hello @tech_support, it’s been a while since we discussed this. Any News on my request for reporter blocks for the extra Encoder Motors?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Kind regards
Stefan

Hello Stefan,
Thank you very much for your attention.
We’ve checked that now we focus on mBlock 5, so it won’t be added to mBlock 3.
However currently mBlock 5 is in still beta stage, there are many fundamental features to be added to mBlock 5. So I am afraid in a short future, these blocks won’t be supported by mBlock.
Sorry if any inconvenience caused.