Micro:bit - is the "on start" block missing?

Hello everybody,

I just tried the new alpha version of mBlock to code something for my micro:bit. I really like it that you can use mBlock to code the micro:bit. It makes it more easy to use for younger kids in my opinion. And it’s nice to be able the use the “wait until” which I couldn’t find in the JavaScript block editor.

I have two questions: in mBlock for the micro:bit I am missing a block that is simulair to “when green flag clicked” in Scratch and “on start” in the JavaScript block editor. Is it possible to add that in the next update? Or is it already available and have I overlooked it?

Furthermore, is there a way to save your mBlock-file for the micro:bit as a .hex-file, which would make it possible to upload it in the JavaScript block editor?

Greetings,

PinkyPepper

Hi PinkyPepper,

Glad to hear that you like the mBlock 5 software.
Yes, we have plan to add the block with when green flag clicked, will do optimization in new versions.
For the hex file, it does not need to be saved separately since it is in the microbit disk. As for the idea of save the separately hex, it is a good suggestion, we will consider it. Thanks!

Hello tec_support,

thanks for your reply. I will wait for optimizations in the new versions.

And I really hope mBlock 5 will be available for the mBot soon, because I am working on a booklet in Dutch with lessons about the mBot and I would like to use the new blocks for that.

Good luck.

Greetings, PinkyPepper

Hi PinkyPepper,

You’re welcome!
According to the tile schedule, mBlock 5 will support mBot in the second quarter if everything goes well.

Okay, cool!

Good luck!

Greetings, PinkyPepper

You may want to look at this link. Makeblock is looking for translators for mblock 5

http://www.mblock.cc/docs/note-for-translators/

Hi,

thanks for telling me. I might do that. I hope it will be possible to translate the English blocks in mBlock the same way as in Scratch 3.0. In my language there are a lot of differences at the moment.

Greetings, PinkyPepper

I don’t know why my post has been copied in a post written by tec_support???

Hi PinkyPepper,
Sorry for the confusion. There was a mistake while our engineer trying to link the forum to a system.
We have deleted copied part.Don’t worry!:grinning:

Thanks!