MegaPi Shield for RJ25 - can be extended?

I studied a little the information from above concerning MegaPi. I observed that there are 10 signal pins (A6 to A15). If I am looking on MegaPi Shield for RJ25 I can see that there are used only 6 of them (A8 to A13). That means that A6, A7, A 14 and A15 are not used in RJ25 Shield? Is possible to built my own shield and to take advantage of the unused signals and to get in this way more ports for sensors?
I am an absolute beginner so …

I am building Ultimate 2.0, Robotic Arm Tank, with next structure:

• front and rear motorized Ultrasonic sensors
    - the 2 servos will be connected to Me RJ25 adapter and then to a port from MegaPi Shield for RJ25
    - the 2 ultrasonic sensors will be connected to a custom module and then to MegaPi Shield for RJ25
  • Ultrasonic sensor exactly over the gripper of robotic arm
    - will be connected to MegaPi Shield for RJ25
  • Pixy cam with pan/tilt mechanism
    - will be connected to MegaPi Shield for RJ25

So in total I should need 4 ports on MegaPi Shield for RJ25 but there are only 3, the forth one being for another use.
In this situation I have to build myself a modified MegaPi Shield for RJ25 for exposing all signal pins available on MegaPi (A6 to A15) and to make possible easy connections.

I need next things:

• MegaPi PCB file for identifying the correct position of pins on MegaPi board
  • MegaPi Shield for RJ25 schematics in order to add on my modified shield the LEDs for the original shield.

Is here any possibility to has the above files?
Any comment about the above project is welcome.
Thanks.

How to get extra ports for Sensors on MegaPi board
Est ce que c est posible d ajouter plus de port rg25 au ultimate 2.0

Hi bombicri,

Your project is belong to advanced application which is beyond our support ability. I am afraid that we’re unable to provide the suggestion without any test.

Here are the files your requested, hope they can help.MegaPi PCB.zip (2.9 MB)
MegaPi Shield for RJ25 schematic.zip (41.4 KB)

Thank you. You make my day much better … :grinning:

Unfortunately MegaPi PCB.zip give an empty file. Please send me .pcb file compatible cu Kicad or another PCB design program. MegaPi Shield for RJ25 schematic.zip is OK.

I succeed to open MegaPi PCB.zip but trying to measure distances on the images it is saying “model units unknown. Please set the model scale and units”. How to make it?

Hi bombicri,

The PDF file can’t measure the distances. This is all the technical documents for MegaPi we can provide.
Do you mean you need the distance between each two pins of the signal pins (A6~A15)? Here is a picture of these pins to you for reference.

I solved the problem. I just set the drawing unit in PDF and, voila, I had dimensions in mm.