Mdrawbot mscara not working, Help please

after meticulously assembling the device. I cant get any response from it.
every time I click connect. the program closes. when I click update drivers it says download failed.

Extremely frustrated! I hope somene here can help. I hate to think I threw away that money

Hi Fmodesta,

We have replied your email regarding this issue, please check there.

There’s not much point in having a forum if you’re not going to include the answers! A more detailed response from @tec_support would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi billhorvath,

Since fmodesta sent us an email and we have replied this email before we saw this post. Normally, we will give answer on the forum directly.
The above described issue is solved after installed the arduino driver on fmodesta’s windows PC. Do you meet similar problem.

Yes, I’m having the same issue. I’m trying to resolve it by following the instructions here, but I’m not having any success installing the CH34x driver from my Macbook Pro, which is running El Capitan 10.11.6. The installer succeeds, but even after a restart, the serial port isn’t showing in /dev. (Also note that the USB connection isn’t showing up in the hardware tree in the System Report. I tried various combinations of unplugging it and moving it to a different USB port on my machine, as well as power-cycling the Orion board; nothing seems to help.)

Belay that last comment - I was able to get the computer to see the serial port by leaving the board plugged in, then switching the power off on the board, then back on. I might be in business now.

Hi billhorvath,

Do you mean the USB connection is working now at your last comment?
Besides, here is the link for the mac version arduino driver:http://blog.sengotta.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/CH34x_Install.zip

Apologies for the delayed response.

I was able to get the USB connection working when I left my previous comment, however I’m unable to do so this evening. I’ve tried restarting my MBP, moving the cable between USB ports, switching the power off and on on the Orion, and pulling the plug on the Orion completely (note: the lights stay on, which means the capacitors aren’t discharging, for several minutes after I pull the plug. I haven’t timed it to see how long it lasts.)

Also: while rebooting my machine, Hardware Growler logged three USB connection and USB disconnection events. The Orion is the only USB device I have plugged in at the moment.

Suggestions?

OK, I think I’ve solved the problem (again); we’ll have to see if this solution sticks.

I installed the driver to which you sent the link, even though it was an older version of the one on GitHub. Based on a suggestion from this post, I discovered that the permissions on /System/Library/Extensions/ch34xsigned.kext weren’t set correctly by the installer. Here is a command-line script that changes permissions down through the directory structure for other users with this issue:

$> sudo sh #start a root shell for simplicity. BE CAREFUL until you type exit and end the shell Password: [put in admin password] !> cd /System/Library/Extensions !> chmod -R go+x ch34xsigned.kext #Modifies the permissions on ch34xsigned.kext dir and its contents; this is the fix !> cd ch34signed.kext !> find . -type f -exec chmod go-x {} \; #Added to remove execute permissions from the files; not elegant but it works !> exit $>

After I made this change, I unplugged and plugged in the USB cable running to the Orion board, and the serial connection showed up. Wallah.