mBot Ultrasonic Sensor not working

I have recently purchased and assembled my mBot following the instructions which comes along with the product and tried testing the obstacle avoidance mode by pressing the button to turn the light green. It doesn’t works and mBot does not identifies the obstacles in front of it.
I checked some videos available on You Tube and read your forum also and followed the below steps but with no luck.

1. Upgrade the firmware
  2. Create a small code to check the distance of the obstacle - the panda only shows zero.

I am not sure what else can be done and looking forward for some advice.

Ultrasonic sensor doesnt work

Hi!

I’m one of the participants but I don’t work for Makeblock. When posting this sort of question, you’ll want to include the following information:

1. Operating System
  2. Version of mBlock
  3. Screenshot of code if mBlock code or code listing

Also, addressing the request to @tech_support will get a faster response from them.

That being said, I’ve been seeing a lot of folks having issues with the Ultrasonic sensor. If you can provide the above information it will greatly help in trying to determine what’s going on. :slight_smile:

Hello vivek03v,
Under default mode, it will avoid obstacle when the light is green.
Please do reset default program instead of update firmware;
Also make sure the ultrasonic sensor is in port 3; It shows 0, maybe the line port issue or the cable problem.

To test the ultrasonic sensor, please refer to this post to check it and kindly tell me the testing result.

Hi tech team,

Resetting the default program of m-Bot worked :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for the advice, much appreciated.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.