Mbot Ranger moves on its own

Dear forum,

our mbot ranger has a mind of its own! without any programming, and without being connected to mac/ipad, it starts moving at high speed, runs, spins etc and it needs switching off before it stops.

reset on the arduino board doesn’t remedy this. Neither combination of power button and reset at the same time either.

I have connected it by usb, to mac, tried to reset default programme and upgrade firmware, but neither works.

it used to work fine, upgraded firmware as soon as we had it, and programming worked as expected.

Now we cant do anything with it, just as we found some great programming on youtube.

How do we get the Ranger under control again?

If you connect your Auriga using USB to your PC, you can select Ranger mode in the makeblock software:
Bluetooth, LineFollower, Ultrasonic and Balanced mode.
Default it is programmed for Line Follower mode - as I remember.
If you take out that paper (test track / pad) Ranger should follow the line.

I have reprogrammed it. It can be also programmed that the Ranger goes only one circle and stoppes if the ultrasonic “see” something - or the robot went off the track… Or anything :slight_smile:

Thank you, Nemeza,

I confirmed bluetooth mode and that has solved the issue.

It must have been stuck in ‘avoid obstacle’ or ‘line follower’ mode. Why? I don’t know. Working as it should be now.